Abercwmboi, Aberdare, Wales, United Kingdom
Phone: (+44) 07975815705
As a sound designer who is committed to the industry, I have over five years of dedicated academic and professional experience with two shipped games. I can work in genres ranging from the far-out abstract to the ultra-realistic in both the Unity and Unreal Engines; and with my own facilities and equipment to record and implement audio, I am just as prepared for remote work as well as in the games studio. All of this is bolstered by my desire to remain agile in my discipline by keeping up-to-date on the latest trends in game audio technology, bringing forward new ideas to make a valuable contribution in tomorrow’s cutting-edge games.
Volunteer Sound Designer | Multiple Projects on Multiple Platforms | March 2020 to Present
- Developing over 400 sound design and Foley assets in mono, stereo and Ambisonic formats to be mixed in Dolby Atmos.
- Employing audio editing, mixing and mastering techniques to assets in line with EBUR128 loudness regulations.
- Applying audio conversion tasks, reducing asset sizes by up to 99% to utilise memory budgets efficiently.
- Implementing audio into Unity and Unreal using FMOD, Wwise and C# programming to reduce programmer workload by 30%.
- Communicating remotely with teams of 15 to 20 members to maintain agility whilst problem-solving and contributing ideas.
Contract Sound Designer | Kjell Bunjes | November 2020 to December 2020
- Developed 20 sound design and Foley assets for a mobile game within a 5-day deadline.
- Conducted field recording sessions to ensure deliverables are bespoke to the client’s requirements.
- Organised and prioritised workload to successfully ship deliverables 2 days before the deadline.
- Coordinated and communicated daily progress reports to keep client informed, ensuring transparency.
- Released game on Google Play where it has received 100% five-star reviews with audio favoured in multiple appraisals.
Sound Designer and Music Composer | Falmouth University | September 2015 to July 2018
- Developed sound design and Foley assets for 3 full cycle game projects using Logic Pro X, Reaper, ProTools and Cubase.
- Orchestrated dialogue recording sessions, efficiently directing talent to accelerate productivity by 20%.
- Engaged in daily scrum meetings to communicate discipline specific tasks, being adaptable to address and resolve issues.
- Spearheaded initiative to allow for cross-departmental collaboration for sourcing of over 150 voice actors.
- Showcased work to approximately 80,000 people as part of a project in the 2018 Tranzfuser Games Competition at EGX.
Other Relevant Experience
- Sound Designer | 2020 Neighbourhood Game Jam | July 2020
- Volunteer Film Location Recordist | TGE Entertainment | February 2020 to March 2020
- Volunteer Film Post Production Mixer and Foley Artist | Student Film Project | December 2019 to January 2020
Masters in Science Degree - Music Engineering and Production | September 2019 to December 2020
University of South Wales, Wales, United Kingdom
Apple Certified Pro – Logic Pro X 10.4 | June 2020
Pearson Education, London, United Kingdom
- Po Graduate Certificate in Education in Post Compulsory Education and Training | September 2018 to July 2019
Cardiff University (Russell Group), Wales, United Kingdom
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours - Digital Games Audio | September 2015 to July 2018
Falmouth University, Cornwall, United Kingdom