Abercwmboi, Aberdare, Wales, United Kingdom
Phone: (+44) 07975815705
Volunteer Sound Designer | Multiple Projects on Multiple Platforms | March 2020 to Present
• Developing over 400 in-game sound effects, taking ownership to ensure deliverables successfully fall in line with the game’s core design whilst responding to project deadlines.
• Applying sophisticated EQ, compression and DSP techniques to assets before archiving using 3rd party sample management software.
• Applying audio conversion in line with project specifications to ensure memory budgets are used efficiently.
• Communicating remotely with teams of around 15 to 20 members daily to maintain efficiency and versatility in the development of deliverables whilst problem-solving and contributing ideas.
• Applied initiative to streamline the implementation process by introducing FMOD and Wwise, reducing programmer workload by approximately 30%.
• Demonstrated self-motivation by learning basic programming conventions to assist with asset implementation.
Contract Sound Designer | Kjell Bunjes | November 2020 to December 2020
• Designed and developed 20 sound effect assets for a mobile game within a 7-day deadline.
• Organised a development timeline which enabled assets to be delivered 2 days before original deadline.
• Coordinated and communicated daily progress reports to keep client informed, ensuring transparency.
• Released game on Google Play where it has received 100% five-star reviews with audio quality highly regarded in multiple appraisals.
Sound Designer and Music Composer | Falmouth University | September 2015 to July 2018
• Designed and developed high-quality audio assets for 3 game projects within consecutive 6-month deadlines.
• Orchestrated dialogue recording sessions, directing talent to accelerate productivity by 20%.
• Liaised with the programmer to implement assets into Unity and Unreal using FMOD and Wwise.
• Engaged in daily 15-minute scrum meetings to communicate discipline specific tasks, being adaptable to address and resolve issues which may be detrimental to the project.
• Spearheaded development of a database to allow for cross-departmental collaboration between Games Academy and Performing Arts students for sourcing of over 150 voice actors.
• Showcased work to approximately 80,000 people as part of a project in the 2018 Tranzfuser Games Competition at EGX.
Other Relevant Experience
• Sound Designer | 2020 Neighbourhood Game Jam | July 2020
• Volunteer Film Location Recordist | TGE Entertainment | February 2020 to March 2020
• Volunteer Film Post Production Mixer and Foley Artist | Student Film Project | December 2019 to January 2020
• Masters in Science Degree - Music Engineering and Production | September 2019 to December 2020
University of South Wales, Wales, United Kingdom
• Apple Certified Pro – Logic Pro X 10.4 | June 2020
Pearson Education, London, United Kingdom
• Post Graduate Certificate in Education in Post Compulsory Education and Training | September 2018 to July 2019
Cardiff University (Russell Group), Wales, United Kingdom
• Bachelor’s Degree with Honours - Digital Games Audio | September 2015 to July 2018
Falmouth University, Cornwall, United Kingdom